Camps A Rising is: A network of people dedicated to assisting organizations leading the fossil fuel resistance.
Our Mission: To support educational and peaceful activities that demand action reducing climate change. Moving from a fossil fuel dependency to proven renewable energy sources will benefit all. We do this by distributing necessary support gear and supplies to established encampments of prayer, education and peaceful direct action.
We meet our Mission: By employing various, “Action Projects”. Each Action Project supports the mission of Camps A Rising. The ongoing Action Projects provide the fossil fuel resistance movement additional resources of gear and supplies.
- Our Gear & Supply Drop Off Sites are designed to collect used items in good repair. Once collected, each item is entered into an on-line database. Each camp has the ability to access the database and select items they need for their camp. Camps A Rising then arranges delivery.
- The Thrifty Campers receive around $100.00 to go to thrift stores and garage sales seeking quality used items the camps have identified as a need.The purchased items are sent to the Camps A Rising warehouse, entered into an on-line database, chosen by the camps and distributed.
- The Keyboard Campers search both web based and local brick and mortar stores within the camp’s area for the best quality and price point on items needed by water protector camps. Materials can be drop-shipped directly to the camp or paid for by Camps A Rising and picked up locally by camp representatives.
- The Camps A Gleaning Project gathers food from individuals, local farms and grocery stores and distribute it to the camps. Camps A Rising volunteers seek avenues for quality food sources. Our gleaners focus on gathering the most nutritional foods available seasonally.
- Our Build A Camps Project formed from listening to camp leadership and learning of the challenges in funding and building basic infrastructure. Commonly used camp facilities like kitchens, toilets and community centers are costly but essential to quality camp life. A camp defines a project’s needs. Camps A Rising then begins fundraising followed by the gathering of new, used or scavenged resources needed by the camp to complete its building program.
These larger projects require a team effort- Drop Off Sites begin setting aside supplies they know a particular camp is in need of. Thrifty Campers, accessing the shared database can visit used building supply stores. The Keyboard Campers begin seeking the values they locate on-line or in the stores local to the camp.
We are held accountable: By our Board of Directors holding our leadership team accountable to the mission. That team guides our volunteers responsible for our Action Projects. The mission of Camps A Rising benefits all of us.
Financial accountability to our funders is delivered through their ability to view our online financial records. Those records are updated live as our books are balanced and kept up to date. The public is very welcome to view our Camp Logs at Camp Logs – Public Accountability.